Prof. K. Mathangi Ramakrishnan
- Recipient of 15 prizes and Medals in M.B.B.S. course and recipient of Johnstone Gold Medal Best out going Medical Student Award and Raja of Panagal Medal Best out going Medical Student of Madras University- 1957; Including President of India’s medal for best outgoing lady medical graduate.
- Sushrutha Gold Medal and Oration of the Association of Surgeons of India-1976
- Hari Om Ashram Award and Oration of the Association of Surgeons of India – 1977
- Ethicon Orator of Burns Association of India – 1983 Peet Memorial Prize of Association of India – 1983.Thyagapillai Endowment Lecture of Annamalai University – 1987
- Gillies Memorial Medal & Oration of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India – 1989
- Dr. B.C Roy National Award from the Medical Council of India -1990 Verma National Award of Banaras Hindu University -1990
- Dr. K.N.Rao Oration of the Indian Association for Advancement of Medical Educ. – 1994
- Dhanvanthri Award of Excellence at the International Conference of Alternative Medicine, Chennai -1998.
- ACTBSI Gold Award 98 at the Asian Congress of Traumatic Brain and Spine Injury in recognition of services rendered in the field of Burn Trauma and Plastic Surgery.
- Col. Sangam Lai Oration of the National Academy of Medical Sciences 1998.
- Phoolan Devi Award of the National Academy of Burns -1999
- The Life Time Achievement Award of Science City, Chennai -2000
- Awarded PADMASHREE by the President of India – Shree K.R.
- Hon. Dsc of Banaras Hindu University by the President of India Shri Abdul
- Prof. Krishnamurthy commemoration Award of ASI, for life time
- Life time achievement and best teacher award from Tamil Nadu Dr.
- Mumbai NABICON burns research award” for the year 2013
- Avvaiyar Award for the year 2014 from Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Dr. Maneckshaw’s Award – First Afro Asian Conference on Burns-1981
- Arnoot Lecturer – Royal College of Surgeons of England – 1992
- Fellowship ad Hominem 2000 – The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh – 2000
2. Dr. S.Balasubramanian
- Ayya Nadar Oration Award — 2005
3. Dr. Janani Sankar
- 1996 – Dr. VBR Award – Sino Bronchial Syndrome in children
- 1997 – Dr. CTS Award – Neutrophil Function Disroders in children
- 1998 – Dr. KAK Award – Trace Elements in Nutrition & Health of children
- 1997 – Best Paper Award in International Critical Care Conference – “Prism Score as a Predictor of Mortality in Children”
- 2002 – Dr. T. Rajagopal Award – Profile of Anomalies in children
- PHD – 2001 – Dr. MGR Medical University
- 2005 – NAMS Membership Award
4. Dr. Priva Ramachandran
- Best outgoing student at MMC – Hariom ashram award
- Udayam prize
- Best Poster prize – U.K
- Ph.D – 2007 – Dr. MGR Medical University
5. Dr. V. Viswanathan
- Ph.D – 2008 – Dr. MGR Medical University
Affliations and Appointments
Dr. K. Mathangi Ramkrishnan
- Member of the Academic Council of the Madras Unviersity
- Member of Board of Studies (Specialties) of Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- Chairman of the City Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India
- Member of the International Confederation of Plastic and Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Honorary Secretary of Burns Association of India (Madras)
- Member of the International Society for Burn Injuries.
- President of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India – 1988
- National Representative of the International Society for Burn Injuries in charge of epidemiological survey and rehabilitation of burn injuries in the country.
- Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)
- Vice-President, National Academy of Medical Sciences (India)
- National Representative of Asian Pacific Section of International Confederation of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Regional Representative – South East Asia, International Society for Burn Injuries.
- Member, Research Committee – International Society for Burn Injuries.
- Professor Emeritus, Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Professor Emeritus, Kilpauk Medical College, Madras
- Emeritus Scientist – CSIR attached to Central Leather Research Institute – Adyar, Madras.
- Member, Executive Committee – National Board of Examinations.
- Executive Member – The Indian Association for Advancement of Medical Education
- Chairman – Board of Studies (Research) Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
- Member, Governing Council, National Board of Examinations -nominated in the category’ of “Eminent Medical Person” for 6 years from 1994.
- Member, Medical Education Committee, National Academy of Medical Sciences (India).
- President, National Academy of Burns (India) 1996.
- Member, Committee of Soil Waste Management, Planning Commission of India, 1995.
- Member, standing committee improvements in Medical Education, Planning Commission of India, 1996.
- Expert Member, The Fire Disaster / Plague Disaster Committee, Planning Commission of India, 1998.
- President, National Academy of Medical sciences (India) 1998 -2000.
- Vice-president, Indian Association for Advancement of Medical Education.
- Convener, Association of American Physicians of India Origin – India Task Force.
- Chairman, Childs Trust Medical Research Foundation, Chennai
Dr. S. Balasubramanian
1. Executive Board Member of Central IAP
2. South Zone Convenor – PSPID Prog
3. Faculty & Master Trainer for Following IAP Programmes
- SCIENCE OF VACCINOLOGY
Dr. Janani Sankar
- Executive Committee Member – Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics
- Editorial Board Member – Indian Jounral of Medical Sciences
- Joint National Convenor – IAP PALS
- Faculty Pediatric Emergency Medicine Course